Friday, August 20, 2010

Book review(2)-Moby Dick (Herman Melville)

Moby Dick is about a guy (Ishmael) joining a whaler in its adventure to catch a gigantic whale.The ship's captain(Ahab) lost one of his arm while trying to catch it and he wants his revenge.The story shows us how the sailors catch whales and use the oil of the whale to
create soap(Ya I know,disgusting AND cruel)while captain Ahab focuses on his own selfish quest to hunt Moby Dick down and have his revenge instead of thinking of the safety of the sailors.
In my opinion,Moby Dick is interesting as its shows me how a whale managed to fight back a whaler and win. While reading this book, I feel happy as animals can save themsleves from the wrath of some people. I feel that Ahab deserves to die,not just losing one arm , and in the end....^^the Moby killed Ahab and its makes me feel happy.^^Herman Melville imagination and writing skills are so great that it allows readers to picture what is happening in the stories , and if you can not understand, the are pictures in the book to help you!(Thats for my book.I do not know about yours)

No comments:

Post a Comment